13 February 2020
BVI Version 2 of Rules on Economic Substance
On 10 February 2020, BVI ITA published version 2 of Rules on Economic Substance. Should you require a copy of the revision please contact us directly.
Following is the summary of the changes to the rule for your easy reference:-
- the anticipated duration of compliance plans have been clarified in paragraph 2.12;
- the procedure to file tax residency claims have been clarified in a new paragraph 4.3;
- the reference to ‘general partner’ has been corrected in paragraph 5.26;
- paragraphs 5.28 and a related sentence in 2.7 have been deleted (we understand as possibly ambiguous);
- clarification and examples of IP holding business were added to paragraphs 5.31 and 5.32;
- clarification and an example of distribution and service centre business were added to paragraph 5.36;
- where strategic decisions are to be taken has been clarified in paragraph 7.4;
- where core income generating activities are to be performed have been clarified in paragraph 7.19;
- clarifications on outsourcing were added to paragraph 7.22 and 7.23;
- paragraph 8.2 has been shortened;
- the summary on the applicability of the Rules have been set out more clearly in paragraph 11.10
Please feel free to contact us should you require more information on the above.
(852) 2574 8289
Note that any information, publication, design, product, process, idea or know-how described in this website may be the subject of other rights, including other intellectual property rights, which are owned by ALCPA or other interested parties and are not licensed to you hereunder. ALCPA does not warrant the website to be error-free and will not be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract or otherwise relating to the use of the information contained in the website. Certain links in this website may connect you to website maintained by third parties, ALCPA has not verified the contents on these websites and will not be liable for any damages as a result of the use of these information contained in these links.